Spiral Wound Metal Gaskets are high-performance sealing solution designed for use in demanding industrial applications. It is constructed from a combination of metal windings and filler material, which provides excellent resilience and durability in the face of extreme temperature and pressure conditions.The metal windings are typically made from stainless steel or other high-strength alloys, which provide excellent resistance to corrosion and chemical attack. The filler material is typically made from graphite or other high-temperature materials, which help to maintain the gasket's sealing properties even at high temperatures.
While often used within flanged joints and heat exchangers, Spiral Wound Gaskets are ideal in applications with high temperature variations, pressure variations, and/or flange rotation problems.
Typically Used Within:
1. Pipeline flanges: Spiral Wound Metal Gaskets are commonly used to seal flanges in pipelines carrying oil, gas, and other fluids.
2. Heat exchangers: These gaskets are also used in heat exchangers, which are used to transfer heat between two fluids. The high-temperature and high-pressure environment in heat exchangers make Spiral Wound Metal Gaskets an ideal choice for sealing.
3. Refineries: The refining process involves high temperatures and high pressures, and Spiral Wound Metal Gaskets are used in a variety of applications in refineries, including pipe flanges, valves, and heat exchangers.
4. Chemical processing plants: These gaskets are also used in chemical processing plants, where they are used to seal connections between pipes, valves, and other equipment.
5. Power generation plants: Spiral Wound Metal Gaskets are used in power generation plants to seal connections between pipes and equipment, such as boilers and turbines.